Brewer's Best Dunkelweizen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MistyMountainHops

Reaction score
I brewed this extract kit back on 12/28 and there have been no signs of fermentation whatsoever.

I have brewed a lot of beer this year, and none have had this little of activity. I did not make a starter - just chilled my wort and pitched the dry yeast as usual. I know a batch doesnt have to wildly take off or show signs of fermentation for it to actually be fermenting but I am sure you can understand my concern. What are my options at this point?

I took a gravity reading just now and it's at 1.029 (OG was 1.049-1.053). I tasted it and it has an awesome bready flavor like the decription boasts, but I just dont think it's done. Thoughts?

The good news is that the yeast is working, its taken things from 1.049 to 1.029. Let it be and finish up. I'd leave it for a total of at least 3 weeks from your brew day before checking again.

Latest posts

Back