Breweries that will fill Corny's in SD?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chap

Reaction score
With my upcoming move to Japan all my brewing stuff has been shipped already, but as is par for the course with the military, my orders have been changed from Sept to Nov. Now I have no way of brewing and an empty kegerator sitting in the garage. I'm wondering if any local breweries will fill corny kegs? I asked at Ballast Point in Linda Vista and they said no. Options or ideas?

Thanks,

My guess is that they do not have the equipment to fill up corny kegs. Instead microbreweries would be filling 1/6th kegs which have different connections then standard homebrew. Why not just order a few of those through your local brewery or distributer.

You are probably right. I think I need to buy a different connector for my system (sanke?) and just purchase store kegs.

thanks,

Some small microbreweries do do it, though. Don't give up yet. I know out my way Walter Payton's Roundhouse in Aurora, IL does it for $35/keg. Which isn't a bad deal. If they're allowed to do it in IL with our ridiculous laws, surely they're ALLOWED to do it in CA where there's a microbrewery on every block. Somebody in CA probably does it. Good luck.

Alesmith might do it. I don't know anyone else who might.

If you need/want a sanke coupler, I probably have an extra one in the garage.

If you need/want a sanke coupler, I probably have an extra one in the garage.

Appreciate the offer, I just ordered one from kegconnection (as much as I hate the place) and will probably buy a keg from Ballast Point or Stone.

Thanks again,

Is SD = San Diego or South Dakota, If it is South Dakota and you get to mpls, I would be glad to fill it up for you. No Charge.

Back