Breweries near Dallas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chawn

Reaction score
I'm in Dallas on business and am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a good brewery in the area.

Where in Dallas are you? Deep Ellum Brewery is awesome. Community Brewing is downtown. There's Rahr in Ft Worth, Franconia in McKinney, Lakewood in Garland. There's quite a few actually.

I'm near Love Field and have noticed there are quite a few after using Google. That's why I asked for a recommendation. I figured a local would know which one was the best.

I haven't been to any of the Dallas breweries, but can agree that Deep Ellum Brewing makes stellar beers, especially their IPA.

In FW, there's Marin House brewery. It's just east of downtown along the Trinity River. The back doors look out over the River and downtown giving it a pretty scenery. It's a small space, so it's pretty cramped. Their usual crowd is young, mostly hipsters. The live music wasn't awful either.

Rahr and Sons is south of downtown in an old part of town. It is a bigger space, more popular, meaning longer lines to the taps. You'll most likely have to park a long wY and walk in as it is situated in a neighborhood and does not have a parking lot.

There is Grapevine Brewing in, well, Grapevine. I can't speak to the quality of their beers as I have not had many and also have not visited their brewery.

Hope that helps and have fun!

I'm near Love Field and have noticed there are quite a few after using Google. That's why I asked for a recommendation. I figured a local would know which one was the best.
Community would be close to you then and Deep Ellum isn't far. Those are my two highest recommendations near you.

Community all the way. I was pretty blown away by all their beers, solid top to bottom.

Deep Ellum is not very good, give it a pass.

What are you looking for? A tour? A tap room? Laws are a little funny around here, so it may vary depending on what you want.

Check out my Dallas beer guide here for brewery tour locations and times:

www.iliveindallas.com/thank-you-for-downloading

I'm still working on my Winter edition, so there are some new breweries that aren't on there yet.

PM me if you want any direct recommendations.

I appreciate all the input! And it looks like I'll be staying until Sunday afternoon, so maybe I'll be able to try a few different breweries.

I'm mainly interested the tap rooms due to time constraints. I try to find a brewery trip I make. People there are usually very interesting and are passionate about the beer they drink.

An associate just asked if she can tag along. Having company will definitely make it more enjoyable.

Thanks again!

Community all the way. I was pretty blown away by all their beers, solid top to bottom.

Deep Ellum is not very good, give it a pass.

Community's Mosaic IPA is great, so is the Legion RIS. And they have a pretty cool tap room.

Deep Ellum not good?!?!?! Are you serious? What do you not like about DE?

I appreciate all the input! And it looks like I'll be staying until Sunday afternoon, so maybe I'll be able to try a few different breweries.

I'm mainly interested the tap rooms due to time constraints. I try to find a brewery trip I make. People there are usually very interesting and are passionate about the beer they drink.

An associate just asked if she can tag along. Having company will definitely make it more enjoyable.

Thanks again!

Breweries with Tap Rooms:
Community: Friday-Sunday 5:00 to 10:00
Deep Ellum: Daily 3:00 to 10:00
Four Corners: Friday 5:00 to 10:00, Saturday 12:00 to 10:00, Sunday 2:00 to 8:00

If you want good beer bars, try Meddlesome Moth, Common Table, Craft & Growler, Strangeways, and The Gingerman.

Good bottle shops include Spec's, Total Wine, Central Market, Whole Foods, and The Bottle Shop.

Nother vote for Community, and thumbs up to the products mentioned by
WildGingerBrewing!

Deep Ellum, I enjoyed their offerings when there, and they have a pretty neat deal in their courtyard in warmer weather, with live music occasionally.

But, of the two, my favorite would be Community Brewing.
Could just be my flavor and style preferences, but as mentioned, their Mosaic I P A RULES!

My middle Son lives and works in Dallas, as an Architect, so we tend to visit him........Often.

There was another we visited on a previous trip........It was 3 Corners, ( or maybe 4 Corners), Brewing.........It was pretty good, but the two mentioned above will do you well!

I agree with Xpertskir, Deep Ellum has... issues.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Peticolas! They are easily my favorite DFW brewery at the moment, I don't think they have brewed anything that hasn't won multiple awards at GABF and the like. They don't have a pub but they usually have Saturday brewery tours with beer tasting.

Also, Community Mosaic is great too

(edit) Peticolas tours are first and third Saturdays of the month. You should just go ahead and come back next week ;)

There are lots of great beer bars around too, Meddlesome Moth, Craft & Growler, Strangeways and I'm sure many more.

(edit x2) Strangeways is awesome. It seems like a dive bar from the outside (I believe it was previously ghetto nudie bar) but it's nothing but craft and they get ALL the good limited stuff.

Peticolas has two GABF medals, just not for the same beer.

If you see Velvet Hammer on tap, it is definitely a must try.

Peticolas has two GABF medals, just not for the same beer.

If you see Velvet Hammer on tap, it is definitely a must try.

I mean to say it seems (to me) that everything that they produce wins awards at one competition or another, GABF was the first that came to mind. I was at their brewery tour when they announced their gold medal win for Great Scott, they live streamed the awards to TVs around the brewery, it was a blast.

Hey more power to you guys if you like Deep Ellum.

I was generally unimpressed by all of their beers. Some had flaws, others had poor flavor development/harmony

Back