Brewed two beers today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricK The Red

Reaction score
My buddy Sean came over with his nut brown ale kit, so we brewed two Brewer's Best kits today, side by side on my gas stove. Chaos anyone?

I put together another IPA (loved the first one) and came in low on the OG reading again, but not by much (1.040). Sean's beer used almost 8lb of extract plus some specialty grains and the OG should have been 1.055 - 1.060, but we read 1.080!!!

I don't think it was mixed it well enough before we took the sample. :D

We had a blast and I look forward to doing that again soon.

That's awesome man. Sounds like a real good time. Hope your beers turn out good.

Yes...chaos. I brewed three all-grain batches today...one of which had 17 lbs of grain...another of which had a decoction mash. It was indeed chaos, but in the beautiful way that only brewing chaos can be. Cheers to ya...

Evan! said:
Yes...chaos. I brewed three all-grain batches today...one of which had 17 lbs of grain...another of which had a decoction mash. It was indeed chaos, but in the beautiful way that only brewing chaos can be. Cheers to ya...

Wow! How long was your brewday?

My IPA already has a Krausen formed and is bubbling away, whereas the Nut Brown just has a fluffy looking yeast cloud at the bottom. It's only been 14 hours...

I got mashed in on the first one around 8:30 or 9, and was all pitched and cleaned up by 5 or 5:30. It could have been several hours shorter if I hadn't done that big imperial stout. It had to boil for like 2 and a half hours!

The stout and hefe have taken off, but the pilsner is still lagging. I opened the lagerator up so maybe the temp will rise a little bit and kickstart it.

Both beers are churning away in my spare bedroom closet. It smells good in there! :D

beer.JPG

Latest posts

Back