Brewed IPA with Centennial, Cascade, and Citra?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

langdonk1

Reaction score
Has anyone brewed with Centenial, Cascade, and Citra hops in an IPA? And in what order would you use them throughout the boil. Any recipes? Yeasts used? I love these hops and want to hear your experiences.

Great hops!

Lots of combos, but I would think Centennial for bittering, Cascades for flavor, and flame out with Citra for some awesome aroma!

Mash low, and ferment with a clean yeast like US-05, WLP001, etc. Good luck!
--LexusChris

Great hops!

Lots of combos, but I would think Centennial for bittering, Cascades for flavor, and flame out with Citra for some awesome aroma!

Mash low, and ferment with a clean yeast like US-05, WLP001, etc. Good luck!
--LexusChris

Also dry hop with some cascade/citra. I just made an IPA that uses magnum for bittering, centennial for flavor, citra at flameout, and more centennial and citra for dryhop.
There is a complex fruity nose to it and lychee sticks out a lot in the aroma. The taste leads with the grapefruit of the Centennial and then peaks to a "hop sweetness" of the citra. It is a tasty beer.

Also dry hop with some cascade/citra. I just made an IPA that uses magnum for bittering, centennial for flavor, citra at flameout, and more centennial and citra for dryhop.
There is a complex fruity nose to it and lychee sticks out a lot in the aroma. The taste leads with the grapefruit of the Centennial and then peaks to a "hop sweetness" of the citra. It is a tasty beer.

Sounds great! What dry hop technique are you using?

Back