Brewed IPA with Centennial, Cascade, and Citra?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

langdonk1

Reaction score
Has anyone brewed with Centenial, Cascade, and Citra hops in an IPA? And in what order would you use them throughout the boil. Any recipes? Yeasts used? I love these hops and want to hear your experiences.

LexusChris

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Great hops!

Lots of combos, but I would think Centennial for bittering, Cascades for flavor, and flame out with Citra for some awesome aroma!

Mash low, and ferment with a clean yeast like US-05, WLP001, etc. Good luck!
--LexusChris

Indian_villager

Reaction score
Great hops!

Lots of combos, but I would think Centennial for bittering, Cascades for flavor, and flame out with Citra for some awesome aroma!

Mash low, and ferment with a clean yeast like US-05, WLP001, etc. Good luck!
--LexusChris
Also dry hop with some cascade/citra. I just made an IPA that uses magnum for bittering, centennial for flavor, citra at flameout, and more centennial and citra for dryhop.
There is a complex fruity nose to it and lychee sticks out a lot in the aroma. The taste leads with the grapefruit of the Centennial and then peaks to a "hop sweetness" of the citra. It is a tasty beer.

OP
L

langdonk1

Reaction score
Also dry hop with some cascade/citra. I just made an IPA that uses magnum for bittering, centennial for flavor, citra at flameout, and more centennial and citra for dryhop.
There is a complex fruity nose to it and lychee sticks out a lot in the aroma. The taste leads with the grapefruit of the Centennial and then peaks to a "hop sweetness" of the citra. It is a tasty beer.
Sounds great! What dry hop technique are you using?