Brewed first batch tonight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webbie99

Reaction score
I finished my first brewing experience tonight at midnight. I started at 8 and it was a pale ale extract kit with steeping grains. Most things went okay, made a few noob mistakes. Did not get an OG, and did not have enough boiled top off water to get to 5 gal. Just used tap water for the last gallon. I hope things will be fine. Now it is time for bed. Hope to see bubbles tommorow.

Thanks, hopefuully I will be bottling wiithin the next 3-4 weeks.

Congrats! Welcome to the insanity. Now the fun part begins....WAIT! Should be fine with the tapwater. I usually top mine off with cold tap water to get the 5 gallon batch.

My last batch went well into the morning. Ended up naming it my All Night IPA.

Cheers and Fair Winds,
Kevin
Tidewater Brewing

I have done plenty of research/reading, and am not going to rush. My brew night lasted so long as i had to get the boys too bed first (15 months & 5 months). Next time momm gets to take them to grandma's.

Nice ! with two babies and you're biggest mistake was tap ! You're golden. Just don't drink it before it's ready ; of course I still do - lol

And I fogot to get an OG. I am not even going to think about checking it until next Monday. Then I want to rack to secondary and brew again!!

webbie99 said:
And I fogot to get an OG. I am not even going to think about checking it until next Monday. Then I want to rack to secondary and brew again!!
Haha! I know what you mean! I racked out of my primary yesterday and bottled, and I'm off to the LHBS again in about an hour!

I had a healthy Krausen yesterday when I got home from the disappointment that was called the Panthers game. Yeah beer!.... uuuggghh Panthers.

Back