Brewed 150 gallons of beer last night.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geneticjim

Reaction score
Hey all.
My local brewery let me know I could come in and assist with a brew. It was my first time using their large system. It was fun as hell! He asked me to come back today and help with the next brew. Unfortunately I had to decline. I did tell the brew master I will help brew again if he desires. It was a great experience and really fun!

Lol. I read the title and was like "Well, what're you gonna do the rest of the year?" This makes more sense.

That sounds fun af. I wonder if my local craft brewer pub would let me. Need to try asking. I know they do tours. Well, it's only one room and a storage room, so not much of a tour, but still. I'd love to assist. -packs a homebrew as a bribe-

Lol. I read the title and was like "Well, what're you gonna do the rest of the year?" This makes more sense.

That sounds fun af. I wonder if my local craft brewer pub would let me. Need to try asking. I know they do tours. Well, it's only one room and a storage room, so not much of a tour, but still. I'd love to assist. -packs a homebrew as a bribe-

Try to get friendly with the head brewer. It didn't take long. The brewer is a really nice guy and likes to help beginning brewers.

That is awesome! What did you brew and what was the system like?

It was an older system. The HLT was 2 tier, the top tier was natural gas fired and the bottom was electric. The mash ton was a huge stainless pot. He used an industrial plate chiller then his fermentator is a double walled temp controlled unit. He has 3 pumps. To be honest it was much simpler that I thought it would be and much easier to use. The brew was a honey ale. I love that he uses real local raw honey. I was in bed by 230am. I would love to go back again!

Oh and to top it off. I bring him my home brew to try and give me pointers!

Damn I bet that was cool as heck. I have been to my local Calhouns, and they brew their own, I have gotten to take the dime tour, but never got to brew. Pretty cool stuff

As a businessman myself....... ( yay..... free labor.....) but congrats on doing something most dream of.

I feel like this is a resource that more local breweries should be exploiting. So many of us would happily work for free to help out with brews like this. Actually, now that I think of it, I've got a three week vacation coming up and it might be time to call a few of the local brewers I know to see if I can get in on a brewday!

My local brew club does a Megabrew twice a year at a local brewery. We make 350 gallons each time. Club members can buy 5 gallons of Wort for 15.00 for the first 5 gals. and 10.00 for each carboy after that. We cannot pitch on premises so everyone takes it home and does their thing. Beer that's left is used at brewfests and some goes back to the brewery and is served to the public. The brewery also has a Brew shop and gives free classes on making beer. My first time brewing was at a Megabrew it was super fun and had me hooked on brewing.

Back