Brewdogs TV Show

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredthecat

The original homebrewer™.
Reaction score
I tried finding a thread about this and if it exists, please delete this thread and point me towards it, but I just saw some commercial about this show. It's the Brewdog guys making a TV show about beer tasting, making, selling etc I figure.

I'm sure many have opinions about reality tv and brewdogs, respectively, so what do you think?

I think after reading the website, viewing a few commercials and knowing brewdog, I'd say it veers uncomfortably into them trying to get attention by any means necessary. not a huge fan of the message, "we're going to teach america about craft beer" (yeah right)

Last edited by a moderator:
But, most of America is still drinking Bud light. It's good that their is a show about the fun and life style of craft beer. I sure hope they don't come off as beer snobs. Don't like beer snobs!!

Excited to see the show because they will be going to a different brewery each episode but pretty dumb when they say they are going to teach america about craft beer since they are from England. I think we can all say americas craft beer trumps that of Englands.

Looks like they're pickin on BMC drinkers mostly. But to be from the UK & come to the craft beer meca of the world to teach US about craft beer is a little pretentious.

I'll watch for sure - it'd be cool to see the inside of some craft breweries.

I like the show. Each episode is at a different city and a recognized local brewery hosts with the two stars. I love the fact they incorporate local brews and brewery, notably their top five craftpubs and breweries in the city/state.

Yes, silly they go to extreme measures to brew beer, but I guess it is so they won't get repetitive by brewing a normal batch at different breweries.

You'll get used to their accents after the 2nd episode.

I have it DVR'd and think it's a cool show. I've had a laugh each episode. The Colorado one was interesting

It's a good show. They brew beers with our microbrewers, try to find, then convert craft beer virgins, and there is quite a lot of humor involved. Funny guys.

I've been watching it on delishows.com sinc I dont get regular TV. I love it.

Are they arrogant for saying they are going to introduce america to craft brews? Absolutely not, at least in my opinion. Since they brew with local brewerys, and also recomend their favorites in that area, they clearly recognize that craft brewing is alive and kicking in the U.S. As a whole though American's (again, in my opinion) have the worst taste in comercial beer. At least Europe makes pretty good comercial beer. Also, not to be picky, but they are from Scotland, not England. And Scotland does produce some of the most delicious ales of all time.

Anybody know where you can watch these episodes online? Delishows.com seems to have stopped.

They're not from England. UK is not England, Britain is not England. England is an insignificant country that boarders the greatest country of them all (no I don't mean Wales!)

FWIW I'm back home for Xmas and off to the BrewDog pub in Edinburgh tomorrow evening where they serve, I kid you not, the best American style IPAs I ever had and absolutely the finest " session" IPA I can imagine at 3.5% ABV.

Steve da sleeve

They're not from England. UK is not England, Britain is not England. England is an insignificant country that boarders the greatest country of them all (no I don't mean Wales!)
Your right France is a great country

Strangely BrewDog was a bit of a disappointment this time, slightly unfriendly bar tender, and dead pony club was off - and the bar tender was " no it actually has a bit of as our note..." Anyway I got my money back and went to a local pub that serves decent cask ale. I like and brew good American style hop forward ales but in the UK I am more an more going for session real cask ales. And surly bartenders piss me off.

Cheers!
Steve da sleeve

Back