BrewDog Recipe App

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillyMo21

Reaction score
Hi All,

BrewDog released a Diy Dog pdf last year.
Just wanted to make you aware of an android app I've just published on the Play Store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brudawg.diydawg

It contains a list of all the recipes BrewDog released last year, Punk IPA, Nanny State, Elvis Juice,Jet Black Heart to name only a few favs,for anyone that wants a quick easy way to find a recipe they want to try.

It's my first app, and like most software programs it's work in progress.

Feedback\Suggestions encouraged.

Enjoy.

It should be available in Italy now, although it may take time for the listing to update. Initially I only published to UK just to see how things went. Let me know how you get on.

Available now, just downloaded, thanks :)

Edit: good app, I like it, but too many ad!

Thanks, as i say it's work in progress, things like that I'll tweak as i go along. If you think of any features that would be handy let me know.

Great idea, two thoughts though:
1. What about Apple users?
2. How to possibly integrate this with either import or export with Beersmith/Brewers Friend, etc... (I say this because using an equipment profile will change the amounts...and if I need to do that, I might as well create it in Beersmith).

I do like the idea and initiative though; thank you.

Cheers dammBrewer, currently the beerxml is just created with a default hard coded equipment setup. Configuring youre own profile is on the to-do list. Apple is a few months down the line yet I'm afraid.

And while we're just submitting ideas, The iOS support will be good, but what about it occasionally connecting to BrewDog to update it's database so whenever they update or revise their recipes? Ah well, it's just an idea.

If BrewDog have an API providing the information i will gladly link into it TonyKZ1. All the recipes currently in my App are straight out of the PDF BrewDog released last year.

Thanks.
I noticed they just updated their .pdf file, looks like more recipes and some other history/brewing info too.

My app is based on the 2017 pdf, so should be fully up to date with everything. I plan on releasing an update tomorrow night with a link to the pdf and a few other small tweaks

Nice one. I just think it's much easier, quicker and handier to open an app on your phone\tablet and Find & View or Share a favourite BrewDog with your friends.

Hi bionut, I'm due to release an update tomorrow night with a few tweaks, but if you really want i can make the current version available now for you?

Nice one. I just think it's much easier, quicker and handier to open an app on your phone\tablet and Find & View or Share a favourite BrewDog with your friends.

Sorry - I didn't mean to step on your toes! Someone earlier in the thread asked for Beersmith support which I had a file for.

No worries jmark. I've looked​ at beersmith, looks like a great program. Mine is just really for simplicity and speed, and at the moment only has BrewDog recipes, but id like to expand that at subs stage

I should be publishing a release in the next couple of days with filters for, the malts/yeasts/hops, to make it easy to find recipes with a favourite ingredient. Also you'll be able to print the recipe.

Back