Brewday with new 10 Gal MLT & Manifold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dzamba

Reaction score
DSC04079.jpg

DSC04064.jpg

DSC04066.jpg

Thinking my next purchase will be a sparge arm
DSC04087.jpg

My closet smells really good today. I've got 4 going right now.

Nice. I'm guessing that cooler came from EBAY?

At least I'm not the only one who gets funny looks when they break out their "Player of the Year" mash tun.:mug:

Yep. Only 26 smackeroos. So much better than the 5 Gal I had. I was able to brew an Imperial IPA with 17.5lbs of grain.

Yeah I had that too. I actually put the rubber gasket that came with the spigot back in, and then put it back together again. No leaks! I think it should be able to stand up to the heat as good as an o-ring.

Mine leaked a little too when i built it.

I went a little overboard and put a bunch of silicone sealant in the hole where the old spigot used to be so there was no dead space, tightened everything up and let it dry for a couple days before i used it. Its been through about 7 or 8 batches now without any leaks.

I went to the other LHBS last night and picked up some more parts, 2 o-rings and a brass nut, to helo try and shore this bad boy up. Gonna try my luck again tonight. I'd really like to brew with it this weekend. I appreciate the input from those of you with this cooler. I expect it to work great once the leaking stops.

Back