Brewday has started

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2nd Street Brewery

Reaction score
Well I'm off. Got my specialty grains steeping and all my equipment set up. Doing a Dortmunder today. Kind off cool outside though. Temps right now in the mid 30s. I can't wait until I have to shovel to brew.

my brew day starts tomarrow. i'll be bottling and brewing tomarrow. i'll be doing the same beer i did last weekend, but i'll be adding the hops to the wort instead of making hops tea. that way i can see the difference between the 2 batches

brewday will begin after i help a friend change his brakes. then it will be blissful brewdayiness. its supposed to get up into the 60's here. i cant wait. we are doing a christmas ale, in hopes that its ready for christmas. if not well driink it anyways. :)

Okay, my steeped grains are sparged and I've added my extract and hops. Bringing up to a boil now. It is windy as hell and I had to set up a wind break for my burner :D Firsy homebrew cracked. Will be posting pictures later.

edit As I sat typing this I had a boilover. Pay attention idiot :drunk:

LOL that would be a good idea!!! or get a laptop and go wireless! then you can type and stir at the same time! i'm still brewing in the kitchen so i don't have to worry about a wind break.

Perhaps it is just me, but I have this mental pcture of Dr Bunson Honeydew and Beaker standing out in front of some garage in New York.

:)

Hey it's cold up here. i do have a wireless connection but the laptop is in the basement. I happen to see myself more like Gene Wilder in Young Frankenstein however. :D

"Igor, what brand of yeast was that?"

"It was Abby something. Abby Norman or something like that."

"Abnormal?"

"yeah-- that's it, master"

Okay, boil is done cooling down now. With these temps it shouldn't take long. This is my second attempt at this style. I want to compare it to my recolection of it's ancestor.

Gee! You get Government Employee's Extra Vacation Day off? I'm a Vet. & I had to retire to get it off.

Latest posts

Back