Brewcraft Yeast nutrient & DAP for Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck_nevada

Reaction score
I went shopping for an upcoming mead "Brew" this weekend, and my Homebrew shop only carries "Brewcraft" yeast nutrient. So my question is: For Staggered nutrients, will this work in unison with the Diammonium phosphate as opposed to using Fermaid-K or Fermaid-O? Also, they didn't have any GO-ferm, will this be a problem? Should I just hydrate and not worry about that?

I really want to do this Mead right, since all of the honey came from my own personal hives.

Thanks in advance.

Buck :fro:

It sounds similar to Fermaid-F as it already contains DAP.

-So you probably wouldn't both adding even more DAP during your staggered additions.

I'd recommend Go-Ferm for rehydrating dry yeast; if you're using liquid mead yeast then you don't need the nutrient.

Personally I prefer Fermaid-O as it's an organic and easier to assimilate form of nitrogen AND it doesn't include DAP. -That way you have control on whether you add DAP or not.

Adam

Back