Brewcraft USA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psycotte

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am a new brewer so I am using kits I have gotten from my LHBS made by a company called Brewcraft USA.

http://www.brewcraftusa.com

My first kit was an American Wheat which I will be bottling this weekend and my next will be A Rocky Mountain Amber which I will Brew this weekend.

The kit instructions from the company provided in the box do not make reference to how to do a full 6 gallon boil so I mailed them with the question. They responded to me very quickly with some instructions on how to make the adjustment. So far I am very happy with there kits and since I didn't see them listed here in the company reviews I felt compelled to add them. Here is the email exchange I had with the company:

Dear Sirs:

Let me start by saying I love your kits and I am having great fun and making beer with them. How good a beer is yet to be seen as the first is still bottle conditioning at the moment. I am curious if you can offer me your instructions on how to modify this for a full boil. I have a 7.5 gallon Turkey fryer that I am using so I don’t have to do partial boil with water addition. I guess my real question is : “Because I am doing a full boil can I add all the LME and DME in at the start of the boil or should I still reserve and do the late addition as the kit suggests for the 3 gallon boil?” Hops utilization I understand is better in a full boil so I’m thinking all the extracts can go in at once but I was hoping you could confirm. Thanks so much for a great product. I would suggest you add instructional differences for those doing full boils to the literature if possible. Prost!!!

Curt Cicotte

Here is the company rep's reply:

Curt,

Very good questions and great adventure. Typically we don’t suggest a full boil due to the need for a much bigger Kettle. Due to the numerous variables that are at hand there is not clear cut answer. I would attempt this procedure and keep very good notes as you will need to fine tune according to your equipment and your elevation (as evaporation rates change with elevation).

1. Add 6 gallons of water to your kettle
2. Slowly heat, steeping grains as per usual
3. Allow 10min steep at 160 with heat off as usual
4. Add All of the Malt extract at this point and mix in thoroughly
5. Add water to get you total volume to 6.25to 6.75 gallons (this is where it is critical to take notes and adjust so that you get desired gravity and volume. I would start on the low end as you can always add some water to lower gravity)
6. Start Boil stirring occasionally to keep from burning any un-dissolved extract
7. Add hops per normal schedule
8. Cooling the wort is going to pose a problem since you are not adding cool water any more. So you must purchase an immersion chiller. You will need to add the immersion chiller to the kettle 5 minutes before the end of the boil to sanitize it.
9. After end of boil run cool water through chiller until it reaches ~70 degrees
10. Add to Fermenter add water to 5 gallons if necessary. (note the volume added and adjust your starting water accordingly)
11. Pitch yeast

Easy Peasy!

Let me know if you have any questions

Cheers,

Brian Morton
SW Territory Sales Manager

Rock on Brewcraft USA and keep up the good customer service!! :rockin:

Back