Quantcast

BrewCipher 6.0

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

VikeMan

It ain't all burritos and strippers, my friend.
Reaction score
I don't know how many HomeBrewTalk users use BrewCipher, but I know there are some, so...

BrewCipher 6.0 spreadsheet, Hoppy Holihaze Edition, is now up for download.

New in Version 6.0:

- Updated MpH Water Models
-------- courtesy of utahbeerdude, from the soon to be released MpH v4
-------- uses malt(ster) specific pH data for many malts/grains
-------- more accurate than other models, per real life mash data

- Fruit Addition Calculator
-------- predicts effective combined OG, FG, Attenuation, and ABV
-------- doesn't ignore the water content of the particular fruit/puree/juice (just sayin')

- pH Target Picker Tool
-------- helps you decide the mash pH you want, based on desired finished beer characteristics

BrewCipher runs in Excel, Apache Open Office, Google Sheets App, and the iOS Excel App. Download it from -> Google Drive <- or -> DropBox <-. Go ahead. Don't cost nothin'.

OP
VikeMan

VikeMan

Reaction score
Version 6.4 is up for download. It includes an update to the Fruit Calc sheet and some minor housekeeping. If you use the fruit calculations, I recommend downloading V6.4. If you don't use the fruit calculations, and already have V6.3, it's probably not worth downloading.

The change to the Fruit Calc sheet is this:
Previously, all fruit carbohydrates were included in the effective OG and (where estimated not fermentable) FG.
In V6.4, an estimate of non-soluble fiber (e.g. cellulose) is excluded from the effective OG and FG.
In most cases, this does not affect the predicted ABV (to one decimal). But in the case of fruits with large proportions of insoluble fiber, the ABV prediction may change slightly, due to a resulting change in effective volume of the fruit water/carbs.

BrewCipher runs in Excel, Apache Open Office, Google Sheets App, and the iOS Excel App. Download it from -> Google Drive <- or -> DropBox <-. Go ahead. Don't cost nothin'.

OP
VikeMan

VikeMan

Reaction score
Thanks for your work! I'll definitely give it a go
Let me know if you have any questions/issues. The help desk is open pretty much all the time.

OP
VikeMan

VikeMan

Reaction score
Version 6.5 is up. Corrects a bug in 6.4's fruit calc. I hate when that happens. Apologies to anyone who downloaded 6.4 earlier today.

OP
VikeMan

VikeMan

Reaction score
Version 6.6 is up for download at the usual places (linked at beginning of this thread).

V6.6 tweaks the fruit calculations, improves fruit data, and adds a couple of advanced user selectable parameters on the FruitCalc tab. It also fixes a bug in the pH tab that is (was) unique to OpenOffice users.

If you use the fruit calculations or are running in OpenOffice, this update is probably worth the download.

Latest posts