Brewbrain "Float"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gthurner

Reaction score
For 4 brews I have been monitoring the controlled fermentation process exclusively with the hydrometer "Float" from Brewbrain.
The Float sends the data from the fermentation tank in the refrigerator very reliably. The actual measurements with spindle/refractometer at the start of fermentation and at the end of fermentation are still necessary. But the checks during the fermentation process can be omitted. It is a real progress not to have to open the fermentation vessel during fermentation anymore.
More detailed information about the float can be found here:
https://brewbrain.nl/
I like to use the provided csv data to analyze the fermentation process. Thereby some weak points become clearly visible, e.g. the bad heat distribution inside the fermentation tank. Overall, the float is a lot of fun.

K800_Float1.JPG

We have a cheaper china version being sold here in Australia called the 'RAPT pill'. I'm waiting for a few more reviews and then I will order a couple they look super convenient

Edit I just found a DIY kit called the 'ispindel' for even cheaper that seems to be the same thing

I'm sure one could find an even cheaper un branded version on ali

Back