Brewboard, WTF?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Is that the single most unstable server in the...WORLD?

My gawd....it is down yet again.

I've been bitching over there lately because of a bunch of stupid policies they adopted as far as log-ins. The webmaster dude just doesn't get it.

Thank you TxBrew for running such a great site. *knocks on wood*

It's still down? I tried it last weekend and it was down. I don't use it that much but when it doesn't work when you need it, you kinda forget about it.

I didn't even realize it was down, until a minute ago when I went over to take a peek at what was new. I'm glad this board keeps me busy enough to not need another forum! If HBT was down, I'd know right away!

Lorena

Brew-what?

Is that the Green-something-or-another???

I thought this was the ONLY HB board on the web? :confused:

:D :rockin:

Ize

Me too. I've managed to sneak on during work the last couple of days and now I want to be on here all day like I was when I was at my last job.

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem....

This is, by far, the best forum I have found. I don't return very often to others. The only other one I am a member on is the BN board. I go there less for beer info and more for tomfoolery . . . :p

I have been meaning to buy a membership here, but every time I get a few xtra bucks to throw around, my wife says something about buying clothes or food for our kids or something . . . .:eek:

Anyway, I will ditto the props to the owners, operators, and moderators around this place. Thanks, ya'll, for giving us a place to waste time, tell lies, and act like we know something about brewing.

:tank:

RichBrewer said:
I signed up for the green board but I never got into it like HBT. There is no comparison to me.
I like the public house over there, and when I first joined they had a ton of really knowledgeable brewers. But they were WAY too ate up. I liked this place cause it was nice to n00bs. :D

I must admit, I'm a Public House whore. I like the place. :D HBT is my main forum, though....it rocks.

I kinda feel bad for their admin....it seems like he doesn't have good stuff to work with. He's going to switch over to a new server, though, so hopefully that takes care of it.

What login policies are you talking about, Dood? BTW, nice avatar. :D

SwAMi75 said:
I must admit, I'm a Public House whore. I like the place. :D HBT is my main forum, though....it rocks.

I kinda feel bad for their admin....it seems like he doesn't have good stuff to work with. He's going to switch over to a new server, though, so hopefully that takes care of it.

What login policies are you talking about, Dood? BTW, nice avatar. :D
He set the thing for if you log-in on multiple computers, it kicks you off the computer you aren't on, hence you have to relog-in every time. It sucks for those of us who switch back and forth through multiple (4-5) computers every day. Petty, I know, but no other forum is like that.I thought when Jess bought that place they upgraded the bandwidth and all of that? It probably goes down more now than it did previously.

Dude said:
Brewboard:

:rolleyes:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '(', expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /var/www/brewboard/htdocs/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_global.php on line 349

He's messing around with the PHP. Probably doesn't know what he's doing, or how to now undo the damage.

Dude said:
I like the public house over there, and when I first joined they had a ton of really knowledgeable brewers. But they were WAY too ate up. I liked this place cause it was nice to n00bs. :D

I've lurked around the public house a bit, but it's hard to start over with a new board when all my peeps are here :D

I think I have three posts, total, on the greenboard, all talking about what a POS Radio Shack is.

I posted there a few times, but basically thought it sucked. I did not find it to be so much a discussion board as a pompous board and so I took my marbles and came over here, where I could be the pompous in residence. Besides, that green really is too much and it was always crashing. A pox on them I say!

I go over during the day as some of the discussions in the public house can be pretty interesting. I don't join in however as nothing ruins a good day like a political arguement. One of the reasons I like it here is we keep it to beer pretty much.:mug:

I can't take that green. I've visited a few times and have even posted here and there, but it just doesn't feel like home to me.

2nd Street Brewery said:
I go over during the day as some of the discussions in the public house can be pretty interesting. I don't join in however as nothing ruins a good day like a political arguement. One of the reasons I like it here is we keep it to beer pretty much.:mug:

Yeah, politics and brewing can screw up a great thing.

Back