"Brew" Year's Resolutions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2016 I built a fermentation chamber which got my temps under control. This year I am working on my water quality and getting that dialed in.

For me it'll be concentrating on a just a few recipes so that I can dial them in. I started off yesterday with a NE IPA. Next up is a Zombie Dust clone. Probably a NE IPA next while I research pale ale recipes. I want to work on a hoppy house pale. I bought 11 pounds of hops during the Black Friday weekend, so I plan to use them up while utilizing three to four different grain bills. That's the plan I have in mind today, anyway. :mug:

Water & Kegging.

Focussing more on my water treatment for every batch. I purchased PH strips and a variety of sulfites, chloride, and phosphoric acid.

I also purchased my first 2 kegs, dual regulator (with gages), and a brand new Danby mini-fridge that I plan on modding with a dual tap tower.

Cheers!

This is the year I finally put together my 10gal electric system. I've had all the the parts and pieces to assemble a single tier 3 keggle rims system, including everything for the control panel, and multiple sanke fermenters, for nearly a year now. Small children really get in the way!
The dream/plan is to get the pipeline flowing so we don't need to buy any commercial beers, just ones for fun.

Continue to focus on fermentation temperature control....2017 is a focus on yeast propagation. Built a magnetic stir plate and conducted my first starter...amazed that a batch started to noticeably ferment a couple hours after pitching. I will add to my brew equipment by either updating/improving my MLT or I will complete my keg into an HLT conversion. (My BHAG is to do the HLT and get a pump.)

Back