Brew-Year's Resolutions!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 83772

Reaction score
So, what are everyone's brew-year's resolutions?

Trying a new recipe? Getting into kegging for the first time? Maybe building a sweet electric system, or even finally making the jump from extract to all-grain.

I have a few:

First and foremost, brew more. I've only got about five brews under my belt, but I'm finally getting to where I really understand what I'm doing and why, so more beer needs to happen.

Second, I'm moving to all-grain. Even with the 2.5 gal. batches I make, extract is expensive, and limiting. All-grain is not nearly as scary as I once thought.

Third, I plan on doing more 1 gal. batches. They may only yield 8-9 bottles, but I can really play around with styles, and it's not a big deal to do a two-batch brewday.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's plans!

I always want to brew more. Only doing 6-7 batches a year is a killer. I would also like to create my first recipe, which I am currently working on. Last but not least I want to figure out a simple temperature control so I can brew in summer.

It's +5 degrees out today, and I am not a fan of the cold as I once was.
My hope this coming year, is to brew at least once a month. My pipeline is now empty, so until I get a batch going, it will be store bought for a while. Not like that is a bad thing, I will just be forced to try beers I haven't yet tried. :)

Zekk - What kinda recipe are you working on? And as for temp control, have you tried swamp cooling? I've gotten pretty decent results with my small-batch brews when I've needed to drop the temp in a pinch.

Minden - I hear ya. I used to wear shorts year-round, even in the snow. Not so much anymore. Who'd have thunk, arthritis in my early 30's? :(

Sailingeric - I love Blichmann stuff, but it's all too rich for my blood. One of the reasons I love small-batch brewing. :rockin:

I'm working on an English Bitter using Golden Promise and fuggles. Just need to nail down amounts.

For temperature control I'm going to use the large sink in my laundry room. Tried once with water and frozen water bottles, kept everything too cold (50*) then the stopper broke when I tried again.

Back