Brew Stand Design Help Needed....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hackwood

Reaction score
O.K. So I thought I had seen a pic a few days back while surfing the interwebs that showed either a design or actual built Dual-3-Tier/gravity Brew Stand. A few days later and now my interest is peaked!!!! I want to build it.

If I remember correctly, it was a 3or4" post for the middle beam that had 2 shelves at each level instead of one. 2 for Mash Tun and 2 for Brew Kettles/Keggles being fed by a single tank up top supplying the sparge water for both. Yes, it could have 2 top tanks, but 1 would be good.

Mount your burner/stand/shelf as the highest part of the brew stand and your 2 MT shelves below that. Then below that, 2 more shelves with burners below them for the boil.

10 gallons just turned to 20 gallons on the same stand, at about the same amount of time.

Does anyone happen to have a pic or a link or a design that they have that you could post here. I'm going to do what I can to design one up, but an example or 50 would really help.

Thanks in advance!!!:mug:

how about using bigger kettles? i have a top tier and i can brew 5, 10, 20, 30 or 55 gallons on the same stand.

Well, I was looking to have it to where I could brew different batches at the same time. Either 2 completely different recipes or the same with different hops and or yeast.

I'm also looking at having the possibility of added more "stations" around it for 3 or even 4 shelves at each level. I might be going a little crazy. 4 different recipes at the same time. AAUUGGHH!!!!!

Well, I was looking to have it to where I could brew different batches at the same time. Either 2 completely different recipes or the same with different hops and or yeast.

I'm also looking at having the possibility of added more "stations" around it for 3 or even 4 shelves at each level. I might be going a little crazy. 4 different recipes at the same time. AAUUGGHH!!!!!

:drunk:

haha No nap needed. I saw the pic(can't find it now) and I've been thinking about it ever since. I AM going to build one. I'm thinking I'll have to do everything from design to build.

there is probably a very good reason why it's hard to find an example of this kind of stand but that does not mean it can't be done, i would love to see this in action.

Thank you. I'm still looking and thinking. I'll definetely post what I find/do.

Nah! I'm still working with a buddy in Vegas who is real interested in building it, but he went through a move and his mom moved in with him and life happened and blah blah blah.

We both still want to do something some day, but for right now it's single 10-11 gallon batches.

Back