Brew Rig - Acapella Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brew-rig-brew-room-1024x524.jpg

I'm a microbiologist and I specialize in sterilization--so I have am coming from a unique perspective. I'm not sure if it's helping or hindering though!
I love to reinvent the wheel. I don't like doing things a certain way because it's always been done that way. That's how my fellow Brits lost their empire. I think that we should challenge everything and turn current methodologies upside down.
I love this new hobby. I'll admit that I have so much to learn, but I am really enjoying the journey.
I've just celebrated my first year in brewing, and I think I've ironed out all of the kinks. Now I'm just searching for my favorite beer.
brew-rig-regulator-678x1024.jpg

Boiling Equipment: 9 Gallon SS kettle with hop spider, Propane gas and electric HLT with PID controller and stirrer--with dual thermometers.
Beer Bottling Gear: Corny keg and Blichmann beer gun.
Fermentation Vessels and Equipment: SS Conical fermenter, 2 stage PID controlled fermentation chamber and Refractometer and lots of patience.
Wort Chillers: Hand made 25ft (L-type) copper immersion chiller.
Plumbing, Pumps and Hardware: Gravity fed unique hand-made stand (metal and wood), 10 Gallon cooler Mash Tun with Reflectix insulation, 9 Gallon SS HLT with PID controller and Corning stir plate with dual thermometers.
Measuring, Testing,& Stirring Devices: Electric balance, Refractometer, Neuberger counting chamber, Corning stir plate, hydrometer and last but not least, taste spuds.
Yeast Equipment: Olympus BH microscope, yeast counting chamber, test tubes, DIY laminar flow hood, yeast ranching, Corning stir plate and lots of glassware.
Cleansers and Sanitizers: Star-San and the amazing PBW.
brew-rig-brew-room.jpg

Back