Brew Panel Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewinaround

Reaction score
Hello,
In the middle of a panel build on 120 volt for my mini brewery. My question lies in where to place a lighted 3 post switch for my elements.
The Pid is controlled with a rocker switch and I want a lighted rocker (3 post) for the element to turn it on aside from the PID.

Do i place it before or after the heat sync and SSR?

Thanks.
Tyler

20160308_220251.jpg

20160308_220205.jpg

Hello,
In the middle of a panel build on 120 volt for my mini brewery. My question lies in where to place a lighted 3 post switch for my elements.
The Pid is controlled with a rocker switch and I want a lighted rocker (3 post) for the element to turn it on aside from the PID.

Do i place it before or after the heat sync and SSR?

Thanks.
Tyler
Do you have a schematic for you panel that you could post?

How many watts is your heating element, and what is the current rating of the switch you plan to use?

Brew on :mug:

Before the SSR so that the SSR isn't switching when the 3 way is in the off position.
I prefer switch/contactor before the SSR, but I've seen lots of designs with the switch/contactor after the SSR. Not sure it really makes much of a difference.

Brew on :mug:

Back