Brew Pal and iOS 14.5/.1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riggs401

Reaction score
I updated my phone to iOS 14.5, and Brew Pal no longer opens. My guess is that the new security feature is incompatible with this ancient software. Anyone know how to skate around it, other than the obvious… get an old device?

I love this app and would live to continue to use it. I tried to email the developer, but they left the game many eons ago.

Attachments

• 673AA6ED-6247-42F6-B1BF-64DE6F79F01B.png
    673AA6ED-6247-42F6-B1BF-64DE6F79F01B.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 11
C335AE44-CDBF-4B8C-AC67-1E944FDAB6DF.png

Not sure what happened… but it’s back! Pretty sure I’m the only one that still uses this app. Makes sense, since Brewfather is free and good. I still like how solid this thing is though.

I still use Brew Pal also!
(In addition to BeerSmith and Brewfather)
That’s good to hear. I’ve used it since I had my iPhone 4, and it’s always been good to me. I thought I was screwed losing all of my recipes, until someone told me the .xml files are universal to all the apps. The other apps are just a tad bit too detailed sometimes. Brew Pal is so cut and dry. I did notice that the IBU calculation from Brewfather is different. I made a recipe for an NE IPA on Brew Pal that came in at 30 IBU and Brewfather clocked it at 80… not exactly sure where the disconnect happened, but the addition times were correct. Gonna have to mess with them a little to make sure.

Thank you so much for your update.

I haven’t brewed for 5 years because of moves, money, time, & space.

I’m finally getting back to where I can do it again & when I tried to open BrewPal a month ago I thought I lost almost all of my 44 recipes. I wasn’t able to access most of them through iTunes backup.

I’ve been spending the last month building an excel spreadsheet to run my calcs & have a more permanent database.

Thank you so much for your update.

I haven’t brewed for 5 years because of moves, money, time, & space.

I’m finally getting back to where I can do it again & when I tried to open BrewPal a month ago I thought I lost almost all of my 44 recipes. I wasn’t able to access most of them through iTunes backup.

I’ve been spending the last month building an excel spreadsheet to run my calcs & have a more permanent database.
Awesome! So glad I said something! Cheers!

Back