Brew is bad due to yeast, Need New Supplier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DUCKSHOT

Reaction score
I have bought my homebrew startup kit, all my brews, all my equipment from one comapny and now I need new one. I brewed for 2 years and then stopped due to work and 2 years later I'm back at it. I did everything the way I always do, but when you get a kit in the mail and the cold pack around the yeast is now a hot pack, I dont think my brew will actualy start to ferment. I brewd Saturday of last week and when I came home to check on the brew Tuesday, nothing had happened. I shuk it up and finally the next day I had a little fermenting goin on but did for like a day and only rose up a 1/4 inch. My hydrometer reading is still at 1.043 which is what I started with. I pitch yeast at at 70 and frement at 68 and I did that for 2 years with no problems.
The guy I just talked to one the phone from the store really didnt seem to care or offer any real solutions.He said I could pitch some dry yeast but I would have to order that and really in my opinion my brew is bad now. This company has changed owners twice since I last dealt with them I assume thats the cause.
I live south of Houston and I know there is one North of there buy I dont want to deal with Houston traffic to make a beer.
Anyone have any recommendations?????
Here is what she looks like now.
100_7663.jpg

You should always make a starter for your yeast. That way you will know if your yeast is good or not. (and you'll have more yeast to pitch)

Give it another week, and then check the gravity again.

Not sure on the shipping routes out there but would guess austinhomebrew.com should be pretty quick ground shipping.

Plus the guys from there are on the board a lot.

Thank you, thank you, thank you enderwig.
You responded so quick I was able to get directions and get some dry yeast for my brew. They had some higher prices than what I'm used to but its good to know where they are at.
I may stick with my company and just tell them to hold the yeast and I'll get it localy.
Like with the company in Austin I too can order Monday and brew on Thursday.
Maybe I'll see you at the local Homebrew Clubs meeting this Monday:tank:

Back