Brew Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ComcastWineRookie

Reaction score
did anyone watch brew dogs last night. they brewed a beer with no Water, no malted barley, no hops and no yeast, and did this in berlin. the non Reinheitsgebot "beer" seemed very interesting. juiced 500 cucumbers for the "water", used rye and wheat for the grain, used a distallate of a few different things for bittering and naturally fermented it in a coolship. It would be really interesting to try this on a homebrew level.

I watch this show every week and its interesting but a few things always bug me. Like how much time passes from when they are done "making" the beer and the tasting party? From nearly every episode it seems like they basically are tapping this beer overnight, this was especially apparent with that "fastest" beer episode with Sam Calagione from Dogfish Head.

I would be concerned with the consistency of that beer. I hope they had a crapload of rice hulls and did some weird mashing schedule to fix the body. I tried making a beer with mostly adjuncts like oats, wheat, rye, etc and it turned out to be like drinking nyquil. Complete waste

I really wish they would break down the ingrdiants more on this show. The last one sounds nasty, but the Scotland 'dead beer', NYC apple beer and the mint julip beer would be interesting 1-2 gallon flyers.

what really got me was the episode where they grabbed two local homebrewers to partner with. One guy had only been doing kits and had just designed like his 2nd recipe before the show. I couldn;t believe how little experience they had yet they got lucky enough to be on the show. I was soo jealous...

I really wish they would break down the ingrdiants more on this show. The last one sounds nasty, but the Scotland 'dead beer', NYC apple beer and the mint julip beer would be interesting 1-2 gallon flyers.

I agree, they really skim over the recipe and it is annoying. I think the show is more on an inspirational level to me though...I used to always worry about being nit-picky with ingredients and watching Brew Dogs inspires me to be more lax about how and what I brew.

i've been planing on buying the seasons, i think they're only $10 on amazon right now. but now i super want to catch this one! may have to fork over the $2 for this one!

what really got me was the episode where they grabbed two local homebrewers to partner with. One guy had only been doing kits and had just designed like his 2nd recipe before the show. I couldn;t believe how little experience they had yet they got lucky enough to be on the show. I was soo jealous...

I watch or dvr them every week but especially liked that episode. One of the homebrewers on that episode posted about this on Reddit last year. Here's the link.

Homebrewer from Brew Dogs LA episode

Back