BREW DOGS ! Lets See Yours !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WileECoyote

Reaction score
A Tribute to man's best friend.

I was hangin out today with my new Brewing Friend.

He looked up and said !

My beer of choice is Barks Brand ! Cheers ! :mug:

His Name is Clyde ! and He is a Rescue Puppy !

IMG_2099.jpg

What a cute pup!

Here's mine. She is with me every brew day.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396725940.589778.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home

Another German dog, Very Nice ! Is that Shepherd a Sable ?

Cheers :mug:

Yep, she's a sable. I also have a black and tan but he's a couch potato and doesn't do much :)

Someone a while back was convinced she was half wolf.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396729087.910107.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home

Meet Abigail. She's half black lab and half St. Bernard. She likes hanging out during brewday. Especially when she can lay around and nap. :)

IMG_20130929_133136_327.jpg

IMG_20131106_120322_932.jpg

I have a pair of BrewPugs. Here they are waiting for a brew to begin, assisting with cleaning of the boil pot, and staring longingly at the chiller (so she can lick it when my back is turned).

11837dt.jpg

20f54xx.jpg

2u6ikva.jpg

This one is turning out to be a hop head. Malty beers and lagers? Not so much. He wants the west coast IPAs.

1334778602428_dsc950212-62701.jpg

Brick

I was trying to be cute with my phrasing. The hop allergy in dogs paper was written in 90s. Not new news. "Hop Head" is generally taken to refer to one who prefers hoppy beers. I don't think assuming hop heads like eating raw hops is very common.

I was trying to be cute with my phrasing. The hop allergy in dogs paper was written in 90s. Not new news. "Hop Head" is generally taken to refer to one who prefers hoppy beers. I don't think assuming hop heads like eating raw hops is very common.

Hi Weezy, I thought and was hoping you were trying to be cute with your phrasing, but just in case I figured Id post that link and let you and other here know.

Last year I asked our vet about hops in beer and giving a small amount to dogs, I was a bit surprised by her uber knowledgeable about hops and the affect's they have on dogs, she went in-depth, but the short of it is hops are bad for dogs even in small amounts such as what is in beer.

P.S. I love your Avatar, very cool name ! I won't give it away.

Cheers :mug:

My brew dog is a Yellow lab that belongs to my oldest daughter. She doesn't really stick around me when I'm brewing. She tends to like to sneak away to hunt for "Tootsie Rolls" the cats hide around the yard.

Just got this little pup for our 8 year old daughter.
1975069_10201784851765112_155814041_zpse0c55517.jpg

She is only 2.5 pounds. We put up a baby gate to keep her in the kitchen, she walked through the 2.5 inch gap between the bars.

Back