Brew Dayt - Cancelled

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

To Brew or not to Brew

• Man Up and get out there!

• Drink some Apfelwein and wait until tomorrow

• Nader

Results are only viewable after voting.

user 574

Dirty blonde
Reaction score
Grrrr!!! I'm all set to brew an IPA, got the grains, did a starter on Thu eve that looks dead and feel like crap from catching the plague from the cross country flight this past Thu. Out of propane as well.

Do I wait until tomorrow in case I feel better (packers suck, ain't watching) or man up and brew! I got other yeast.

I say get out there and brew! As for me I am going to bottle my stout, then rack the Honey-Stout to the secondary, all while brewing another batch(my first lager!) I hope to do it all without screwing up too badly!

Happy Brew Day!

Personally, I brew for fun. The idea of brewing when I feel sick just doesn't appeal and I'm way too old for that "manly" BS.

[Besides, all three fermenters are in use.]

The starter is finally getting a bit of activity so thats looking like a go. Got the propane and I'm going against Dr Dave's recommendation. Sparge water is heating up. I gotta go xmas shopping tomorrow so todays the day. Besides weekdays are the best time to be sick anyways.;)

Oh, and I'm bouncing in/out to watch the golden ducks/badger game too.

You're lucky you are brewing because I was just about to tell you that you were being a p*ssy. If I can brew up here when its 10 degrees and snowing you can brew with a little wittle cold.

. . . now if I could just figure out how to get the carboy on the counter so I could bottle . . . .

Way to go.

I started and hour before dark and now it's 9pm and I'm getting stewed. There's a PA sat on the side and I reckon the first bubble'll be along soon.:mug:

Then I won't tell you I'm brewing in shorts either. 70 outside but a bit warm in the garage at 75 :p.

Off topic but good a place as any to show my hot/cold water I plumbed into the garage a couple weeks ago. Now my p*ssy hands won't get cold in winter when I'm cleaning up after a brewday. Actually more for the dog baths in winter.

hotcold.JPG

Orfy, but what we really want to know is if your tired from brewing or was it the two girls you had at the house. :D

That's a good Idea. I have cold outside but next time I do some mods I may put the hot out as well.

Reminds me, I've got to insulate the tap. It's getting to <32f at night now.

as much as i wanted to vote for freaking nader, I think you should hold off till tomorrow. never brew causey ou think you have to. And if you arent feeling too hot, just hold off a day and get drunk on some apfelwein. But then again, I bet the apfelwein packs a nice hangover, so who knows.

Chimone said:
as much as i wanted to vote for freaking nader, I think you should hold off till tomorrow. never brew causey ou think you have to. And if you arent feeling too hot, just hold off a day and get drunk on some apfelwein. But then again, I bet the apfelwein packs a nice hangover, so who knows.

Too late, just started the rolling boil. I decided to stay away from the apfelwein though.

rollingBoil.JPG

Can't you just about smell that from there?

desertBrew said:
Too late, just started the rolling boil. I decided to stay away from the apfelwein though.

View attachment 584

Can't you just about smell that from there?

That's an odd keg. Why are there no handles cut into it? The ones that are on there look scary to me. :eek:

Wish I could join ya! :mug:

SwAMi75 said:
That's an odd keg. Why are there no handles cut into it? The ones that are on there look scary to me. :eek:

Yea, the handles initially freaked me out too but are a very sturdy "add-on". I got this keg for $30 + $35 shipping off ebay. Can't complain about the price! Someday I'll get another boil keg and dedicate this one to the hlt probably since it's got the temp gauge on it. Still need to build the full 3-tier for that though.

Back