Brew Day Disaster......almost

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autobaun70

Reaction score
Well, made 2 batches today, got through the first one (extract) about lunch time and got started on my all grain batch. Mashed in, hit my temp perfectly, so I headed over to the kegerator to pull a pint......and the disaster struck. I was out of beer.....completely.....not even a BMC on premises.

Thankfully this was discovered at the very beginning of the mash, so I had barely enough time to make a run to the local quick stop. Fortunately they keep a few 6 packs of RJ Rockers in stock. Picked up a few 6 packs, and got back at it. Hit every single number dead on, and even managed to mix up a double batch of spent grain dog treats while the boil was going.

In the future, all brew days will begin with a proper inventory of ready to drink supplies.

That's a good day my first ag a broke a thermometer, a carboy, and missed my temps but had plenty of brew to get me through all of that. Good times

I was expecting a boil over, missed target, or propane tank kicking out...

I've been drinking a cider that soured for a weeks now as I wait for my saison to carb

Back