Brew-Control??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry no, I am very familiar with the capabilities of that "mypin" brand pid coupled with the manual potentiometer knob control for a second kettle such as a boil kettle.. It would work very well. I built a very similar one myself that has speed contrtol for 2 DC pumps in it as well. Not sure about the temp probes they went with and why they chose them but the seem to be one wire or thermistors of some kind..
For a homemade panel its seems to be decent but I think you have a lot of options in that price range as well with the one you linked you can control heat output with the knob on one kettle and view the temp and with the other pid controlled output you can achieve and hold temps (good for HLT/ herms or rims) it can only power one element at a time off a 30a 240v outlet.

Here is a pic of the unfinished one I built... still sitting in my attic. it used the larger double din version of the mypin TA series controller with works very well. mine was DIY and cost me about $150 to build at the time but that didnt include the time and labor. I used 2 pt100 rtd sensors and the red readout is for my BK temp reading... the heat output was controlled by the knob and the other digital readout would show me the amount of power being applied in read time to the kettle element.The blue knobs controlled the speed of 2 12v dc pumps used for re circulation and or chilling or other pumping needs. I used the tan high temp food grade pumps which can commonly be found for $20 each..
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/media/img_20171129_120605949-1.68524/

EDIT I remember this guy.. he seems to pop up over and over through the years selling under different company names.. he had at least two other brand named he used..

Last edited:
Appreciate all the info fellas. I’m currently looking for a panel that won’t break the bank for a herms system I’m currently piecing together.

Back