Brew Cat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saboral

Reaction score
So my cat has become an official fermentation monitor.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415590579.899873.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Our cat adopted us when he showed up on a brew day. He still hangs around but he's more interested in eating and sleeping than brewing.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Apparently, someone dumped a bunch of kittens a couple weeks old near our developement years ago now. Smoky Nagata was a few week old lil guy, hiding in our garage when we'd come back from shopping after work in the late afternoon. Finally tricked him into the house where we fed him & gave him a warm spot in the man cave to sleep. Big nads for a male cat. He was a great mouser too.

SWMBO and I are planning to adopt a cat at the end of the month, it'll be nice to have some company while I brew :)

Has anyone tried making cat treats out of used grain, by the way? I've heard of making dog treats.

Cats won't generally and probably shouldn't have grains. Unlike dogs they are for the most part strictly carnivores. They're diet is almost all protein and animal fat.

My cat has occasionally gotten ahold of a piece of my dog's grain biscuits and she will usually play with them for awhile. Then she'll end up plopping them into the water dish because she knows I have to then clean it.

This is the same cat that digs foam out of my old couches and deposits it in the water dish. Nothing like wet foam chunks hidden all over the house.

On a brew day a while back, a cat wondered up. He hasn't left yet. Cool dude, too. Great brew cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Dang. I wish my backyard looked that good. But interestingly enough, a few years ago, a Mulberry tree started growing in the front of the old garden space. A year or so ago, another one started growing. Gonna transplant the little one out front in the spring. Mulberry hefe sounding better all the time.

Added a rescued Collared Aracari to the menagerie yesterday, but I don't think he's gonna make it.

Back