Brett Saison Yeasts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soilworker

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

So I was going to be brewing this Cottage House Saison and I've decided I wanted to go with some Brett in there. I managed to get my hands on some WLP670 American Farmhouse Blend and also some Wyeast 5112 Brettanomyces bruxellensis and I still have the Wyeast 3711 French Saison. So my questions are:
  1. Is there any reason I shouldn't add all these yeasts? Wyeast 3711 French Saison, WLP 670 American Farmhouse Blend, and the Brettanomyces Bruxellensis?
  2. Will the base cottage house saison grain bill still work with the brett? I think it should but I might mash a bit hotter.

In case anyone comes across this thread wondering what I did, I ended up pitching all 3 yeasts. I had a starter for the 3711 and pitched the WLP670 and Wyeast 5112 from their packages. I also went with the grain bill as is from the cottage house saison but cut back the hops a bit to get around 25-30 IBUs

Part of my decision was based on this beer from The Mad Fermentationist: American Farmhouse Dark Currant Saison

Back