Brett Beers - do I need fresh yeast for bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calder

Reaction score
I've been really busy recently and not paid too much attention to brewing. Consequently I had a number of beers which sat in the fermenters for a long time.

I use fresh yeast to bottle the Saison and the IPA (tossed in some dry hops a couple of weeks earlier in that one. And I've got a few Sours that I'll also add yeast to.

I also have two All-Brett beers. I'm guessing they are about 6 months old (I don't have my records with me). Do I need to add any fresh yeast at bottling? I don't have any Brett available, but could grow a sample if necessary. I guessing I don't really need to add any.

I also have two All-Brett beers. I'm guessing they are about 6 months old (I don't have my records with me). Do I need to add any fresh yeast at bottling? I don't have any Brett available, but could grow a sample if necessary. I guessing I don't really need to add any.

based on what i've read, the brett will carb you beers but will do so slowly. if you're willing to wait a month or two, the brett will get you there.

if you'd like to enjoy faster (or be 100% sure it's going to carb), pitch something else like a bit of champagne yeast.

Back