Breiss Ashburne Mild Malt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpanishCastleAle

Reaction score
Just curious about this malt. Here is some malt analysis info and trademark info. Anything remarkable from those who have tried it? How sweet is it? Is it OK for a SMaSH type brew?

From the trademark info it says:
Ashburne® Mild Malt was developed for a brewery that had requested a malt with a specific flavor and color profile. Its name came from the name of the street where the brewery was located.
Anybody know what brewery this is/was and what were the beer(s) they used it in?

I've not used it, but with a DP of 65 °Lintner and a mealiness of 95%, it should be fine for a SMaSH. From what I understand, it is similar in concept to a Light Munich or Vienna, but with it's own distinct flavor. I'd say it's worth a shot.

Thinking about using this as my base in an Irish Red in the nearish future, anybody have thoughts on this? I've never brewed with it.

Back