Breakside Brewery IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

applescrap

Be the ball!
Reaction score
How do you make something like this. I don't know how to describe what was different about it but it just didn't taste like your normal IPA it was more floral fruity effervescent. Is this what keg hopping and whirlpooling does?

I have recently stumbled on this IPA also. The brewery is in my neck of the woods too! The flavor/aroma you notice is really a function of the hops... oh and the yeast imparts some flavor as well ( ;

Cloning a beer can be fun... yet frustrating at times. I'm currently trying to figure out some other beer styles and for anyone considering trying to clone, I would recommend figuring out how to use one of the many beer software programs available.

Once I was comfortable using the software for recipes I already could repeat with success I started branching out to making clones. Many breweries post up their ingredients and hops used... the amounts of each are what takes some guess work or trial and error. Breakside IPA You can email the brewery and ask politely which yeast they use, perhaps they may even tell you. If not then it is also quite easy to harvest yeast from store bought bottles.

I called its whirlpool and citra my intuition was right as soon as i get my 220 im brewing citra whirlpool wonder and founders coffee breakfast stout

Back