bread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funkmasterchilly

Reaction score
So I'm making a batch of JAOM its my first batch of mead and its not done yet. But anyways I was thinking when it was done I could somehow use the "trub"(if that is even the right word) at the bottom of my carboy to make some kind of bread. Like honey oat or something like that. Would this be a good idea or would all the yeast just be pooped out by this time and cause the bread not to rise. or will it just taste horribly bad. Oh well despite what you guys say Ill most likely try it anyways just wanted to know what you think or if anyone had done it before and could give me a recipe explain the processes or give me some tips. :mug:

If you're using regular bread yeast, it should probably be ok. Mix it with some sugar water 30 minutes before you add it to the flour to make the dough. Just to wake it up.

I've used spent grain from beermaking to make bread, but I've always used new yeast. My last batch came out really well, I think it tastes great.

trub isn't just yeast though. I dunno, its no real loss if the bread tastes horrible so its worth a shot.

Latest posts

Back