Brand new guy...need label help!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dal

Reaction score
Hey everybody...I've around here lurking awhile...been brewing a few months now...I can't believe how much this site has helped!

I've got a request...I need some labels kinda quick and I don't have the time to figure label making out....my daughter is getting married June 26 and she just asked me if I could label some bottles up for the rehearsal dinner ....and some to give to the wedding party....so I don't want this to be my first attempt at labels....plus I really have a packed schedule until wedding day...

So, could anybody do 60 labels or so for me...I'd pay ya....or maybe give some help with the design and and then give me STEP BY STEP instructions on how to print and what to print on....I'll help with the design all I can, but am not very creative....and I do want them to look decent.

I'm open any and all suggestions..thanks so much.

I brewed three beers that my (now) wife and I gave to guests as favors at our wedding a few years ago. I designed the labels in Inkscape. I printed the labels at the size that I wanted them to be, cut them out, and affixed them to the bottles using milk (not kidding - it works great!). Just take your label, submerge it briefly in a milk bath, and then slap it on a bottle. Let it dry, and no one would believe you used milk for glue. No smell, no fuss, and if you want to re-use the bottles (because everyone drinks their favor at the dinner :mug:), the labels come off with tap water.

Once I get home, I'll upload and link an image of how they turned out.

bartyen82 - I'll be watching for the link....how would the labels hold up if the bottles sweat or if they get wet?...(in a cooler or something) ...

I'm looking for an idea for a design, so I may steal yours, hope you don't mind.

Thanks.

The labels don't hold up at all if the bottles sweat or they get wet. Refrigeration seemed to be fine though. I don't know that you'll be able to use the exact designs - they had family crests and our initials all over them, but maybe they'll inspire something.

Using a color laser might help them to look ok after getting wet.

I just need someone to tell me how to be artistic and not make stupid-looking labels. Then I'd be all set!

Print the labels with a laser printer, and stick them to the bottles with milk. Even if they sweat, or are in icewater, the labels will look the same (though perhaps somewhat darker, because of the water..) and they won't fall off! You'd be surprised how well the milk works.

Sorry to take till today to post the images, but you'll find them below.

_celebration%20cider.png

_strawberry%20hef.png

_milk%20stout.png

For a wedding, maybe something as simple as a nice photograph of the couple with the date and whatnot would be appropriate.

Back