Brand for keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawn_kiebawls

Lawncare and Landscaping enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, a few years ago I built a 2 tap keezer. I purchased a 7.1cf Hisense freezer from Costco, fitted it with a 6" collar, sealed, insulated and plumbed it. 6-8 months later it went tits up and I returned it. Not long after took a break from brewing and am just getting back into the obsession but I would like to not make the same mistake on freezer unit selection.

Are there any reliable brands I should be looking for or was I just unlucky?

Any help, tips, advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

Well I hope it was just a matter of being unlucky as I have that same chest freezer from Costco running about 8 months now!

Good luck to you on your next run at it!

Hey guys and gals, a few years ago I built a 2 tap keezer. I purchased a 7.1cf Hisense freezer from Costco, fitted it with a 6" collar, sealed, insulated and plumbed it. 6-8 months later it went tits up and I returned it. Not long after took a break from brewing and am just getting back into the obsession but I would like to not make the same mistake on freezer unit selection.

Are there any reliable brands I should be looking for or was I just unlucky?

Any help, tips, advice is much appreciated. Thanks!
How big of a freezer are you looking for this time around? I'm pretty happy with my Insignia 10.2 cu.ft. so far, though to be fair it's only been energized since last summer.

How big of a freezer are you looking for this time around? I'm pretty happy with my Insignia 10.2 cu.ft. so far, though to be fair it's only been energized since last summer.

Ideally I would get 9 or 10 cubic feet even though I think I'll only ever have 4 taps running. I've just heard that in general it seems the larger sizes hold up better. But, as with most things I'm at the mercy of my wife and what she's willing to let me get since we have a smaller house and it will be in our dining room. Not because we dont have a basement or a garage, I just dont want to have to walk to the basement or garage every time I need a refill!

Thanks for the insight, I will definitely look into Insignia. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back