brain fart ale, maybe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarrid

Reaction score
tuesday was a brew day for me. The first in a while, and it felt good. There will be much more in the near future.

I was attempting a 2nd version of my Do Re Mi Steam Beer, but I was a complete moron and bought WLP001 California Ale Yeast instead of the San-Fran Lager yeast.

I'm sure it will still be a fine beer, just not sure what to call it. A pale ale, maybe?

.5 lb Crystal 10L (steep)
.25 lb Honey Malt (steep)
6 lb Light LME
1 lb dextrose
1.5 oz Mt Hood (boil)
.5 oz Cascade (finish)
OG= 1.059
I will dry-hop with my remaining .5 oz of Mt Hood when fermentation levels off tonight or tomorrow.

other way around, steam beer is an ale type beer made with lager yeast at ale temperatures.

im no expert but it seems like it will be a relatively well balanced american pale ale...

orfy said:
Cheers.

Not a style you see over here.
Is that the same as a Calafornian Common?

Too :drunk: to go read.

yep, the line i heard was that the anchor steam brewing company copyrighted the term "steam" beer so now only they can use it. everyone else has to call theirs "california common."

yup, it would be a california common, if i had gotten the right yeast, i really liked the way it came out the last time, a slight fruity character that balanced out well without too much extra conditioning. It will be interesting to see the difference when this one is done, only there are other changes to the recipe... so this will definitely be a different beer.

Back