Bracconiere Home Made Malt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picture update:

282CD74B-9BFC-4CF6-BC66-CE38DE132BD9.jpeg

still delicious. Will be sending to @bracconiere soon!

Well fellow brewers, we have made our way down to the final 2 gallons of brew. I packaged a gallon and left the final gallon in the keg for consumption this weekend with my sister and her boyfriend. I’ll be shipping out @bracconiere’s beer next week.

He’ll be receiving 2 versions. The Naturally Carbed and the Keg Carbed.

I actually quite enjoy the naturally carbed version…it reminds me of the low British carbonation ales and it goes very well with malt and hop combo in the brew. Anyway, this has been an adventure and I hope Bracc enjoys the beers.

:mug:

@bracconiere ... how'd those bottles taste?? 90 days since the last update!

to be honest with the public, which i'm not sure how to describe properly....my sense of taste has been shot for like 14 years.

they tasted like if you added nutrasweet to water to me unfortunately. nice head retention on the force carbed two, the natural carbed ones were slightly under carbed.

my last sip of the second bottle of force carbed bottles, i got strong taste of roast malt, and i think that's what i was missing the whole time drinking them :(
maybe someday my sense of taste will return, but that's why i wanted someone else to try the malt! and i'm glad i got to try the beer @Sammy86 brewed!

(even though, probably would have been better in the FotHB trading or something.)

to be honest with the public, which i'm not sure how to describe properly....my sense of taste has been shot for like 14 years.

they tasted like if you added nutrasweet to water to me unfortunately. nice head retention on the force carbed two, the natural carbed ones were slightly under carbed.

my last sip of the second bottle of force carbed bottles, i got strong taste of roast malt, and i think that's what i was missing the whole time drinking them :(
maybe someday my sense of taste will return, but that's why i wanted someone else to try the malt! and i'm glad i got to try the beer @Sammy86 brewed!

(even though, probably would have been better in the FotHB trading or something.)

The weird thing is I didn't taste the sweetness I got roastyness most of the time...which I loved!

I used the rest of the Munich @bracconiere sent me on a split 12 gallon batch with lager yeast and Lithuanian farmhouse ale yeast and the beers are fantastic...hopefully getting some out side opinions soon.

I still stand by my original statement that the man malts some delicious grains...maybe we start a HBT Malster LLC and have Bracc lead the project...

EDIT: I still have a few pounds of Crystal that I need to figure out what to do with...

I got roastyness most of the time...which I loved!

as did i on that one roasty sip..i think my taster is shot. my own beer usually just tastes like, best description rue, when i add dark malt, brick rue.....it's been that way for many years, even before the other thing started.

and that's why i wanted someone else's opinion on the malt...because i got a LOT of ideas on how to get it better, effec wise. but wanted to know if it was worth the effort....i'm like Beethoven....

as did i on that one roasty sip..i think my taster is shot. my own beer usually just tastes like, best description rue, when i add dark malt, brick rue.....it's been that way for many years, even before the other thing started.

and that's why i wanted someone else's opinion on the malt...because i got a LOT of ideas on how to get it better, effec wise. but wanted to know if it was worth the effort....i'm like Beethoven....

I'm still waiting on some of your beer my friend...although as I posed the question before is your beer really beer if you ferment with wine yeast?

I'm still waiting on some of your beer my friend...although as I posed the question before is your beer really beer if you ferment with wine yeast?

don't be surprised when you get a package, and say to yourself, hey i remember that box! open it and say "hey, those were the bottles i sent!" :mug:

Back