Boulevard Wheat Clone Extract Recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landon976

Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone have a Boulevard Wheat Clone Extract Recipe? I've heard they use Magnum and Simcoe hopps for bittering only, no aroma hops. Starting gravity on the website is 1.046, 13 IBUs.

I built this recipe with BeerSmith

6 lbs Wheat Liquid Extract
.15 oz Magnum 60 minutes
.10 oz Simcoe 60 Minutes

WL American Hefe Yeast

OG 1.043
13.1 IBUs

If you have any recipes or if you think my recipe is domed to fail please let me know.

First beer I ever made was a extact clone/inspired by Boulevard Wheat. High Gravity has a kit. www.highgravitybrew.com Dave Knott is a really great guy and super knowledgeable.

(5 gallon extract with grains)

5lbs Wheat LME
.50 2 Row Pale Malt
.25 Light Wheat
1.25 Flaked Wheat
.10oz magnum pellet
.10oz simcoe pellet
1tsp irish moss
2/3 to 2/4 corn sugar to prime
Wyeast 1056 or White Labs WLP001

OG: 1.046
FG: 1.012
IBUS: 13

Kerberbb,

I'm planning to brew this wheat beer as listed. I'm new to brewing but have acquired some pretty good equipment and what I think is a decent understanding of brewing thanks to "How to Brew" by John Palmer. I've also invested in the Beersmith2 software to aid in formulating recipes. I've input this recipe into Beersmith and the OG comes out to 1.038 and IBUs of 11.5. What am I missing? Are there some defaults in the database that would cause this or do I need to up the hops and LME to get to the desired levels? Also, I have assumed the "light wheat" in the recipe is milled, unmalted wheat... Is this correct? Thanks for any Info!

Back