Bought used kegerator...What to clean

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arnobg

Reaction score
So I bought my first kegging setup and decided to start it the right way:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=576174

What do I need to do to start with a nice clean system? Should I just disconnect all lines/disconnects and soak them in cleaner for a few hours, if so what type?

Besides the keg itself, do you use starsan in the kegging system/lines as well after cleaning?

Should I take the taps off and clean those too?

What routine maintenance do I need to do also to keep the system running well and clean?

I was just going through that thread..Nice score looks really really nice. The only real thing in the whole setup is the line and tap.Id buy new beer lines so "there yours" and you know where they've been.Disconnect taps and take apart,soak oxi clean or whatever you normally use to clean your beer stuff.Air lines are fine to reuse with no cleaning.I use oxiclean to clean kegs.Should be real simple and straight forward.For routine cleaning just fill one clean keg with cleaning solution (oxiclean/water in my case) and hook up like you normally would.Open tap and let solution run through for a bit,repeat a few times.Then fill keg with water and repeat process to flush.Very Very simple to clean system.No need to disconnect everything after killing a keg

Back