bought a keg system today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grrtt78

Reaction score
ok i put everything together and it pushed soapy water no problem but i can hear gas moving when the pressure is above 10 psi. should it b totally silent no matter how high i turn the pressure? im not sure if i hav a leak or not.

The liquid absorbs CO2 so if you pressurise to 10 PSI, turn off, leave for a while and turn back on you will hear gas because the pressure will of dropped but then when it pressurises again the hissing should stop.

grrtt78 said:
ok i put everything together and it pushed soapy water no problem but i can hear gas moving when the pressure is above 10 psi. should it b totally silent no matter how high i turn the pressure? im not sure if i hav a leak or not.

It might not be sealing all the way. Try putting some vaseline around the O-ring (to help it seal) and crank the pressure way up (30 psi). The huge hit of pressure right away helps seal everthing.

Keg lube is the correct product. This one time may not matter, but petroleum products and rubber do not mix.

EDIT: Is there a water based version of Vaseline now? IDK.

the sound is coming from where the regulator and co2 tank meet it is sealed at the keg and disconnects

olllllo said:
....petroleum products and rubber do not mix.

EDIT: Is there a water based version of Vaseline now? IDK.

In a real pinch why not try some KY in a tube, or a similiar product that's in the tube. It's not petroleum based and washes off easy.

Just my $.02 worth

the_Roqk said:
In a real pinch why not try some KY in a tube, or a similiar product that's in the tube. It's not petroleum based and washes off easy.

Just my $.02 worth

AHHHHH. The Alton Brown technique. Use it for keg lube, then use it in other places. There's no place for a one trick pony when it comes to lubricant. :fro: :fro:

Back