Bottling Twilight Zone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

born3z

Reaction score
So, I just got back into brewing after about a three year break and tonight I was gonna bottle my first batch. Never had a problem before, I thought I had it all mapped out and the process would go smoothly... Guess I was wrong. While I was racking the beer into the bottling bucket, I knocked my star-san spray bottle into the bottling bucket. Must've been an omen because once I started bottling, the spigot started leaking. So, here I am trying to hurry because I am losing beer from the leaking spigot. The leak kept getting worse until I had a steady stream of beer coming out. I caught it in a rubbermaid container and bottled it anyway.. About three bottles worth. If anything I'll use those ones to test the carbonation in the next couple weeks. Ugh... Wow I had a mess. Even knocked a couple over in my haste. :drunk: Oh well, I still got 48 bottles out of it. Guess my system could use a little refining haha. Hopefully it goes a little more smoothly next time.

That super sucks. My condolences.

But if you're going to title it anything involve "Twilight Zone" you need to begin the post with "Submitted for your approval...."

Back