Bottling tiny amounts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildwest450

Reaction score
Im brewing my first batch, which I intend to keg as I already have a chest freezer conversion. I would like to bottle a six pack from this just to taste compare (and I got all the cool bottling stuff with my homebrew kit). How would i go about figuring out how much sugar to use, could i just put a little in the bottom of the bottle, or should I mix it and add to 72oz of beer?:confused:

There are a couple of ways- as above, just add the priming sugar to the bottles. Or you could buy Munton's carb tabs and just drop them in each bottle as you fill. In my case, I can only fit two kegs in the fridge, and don't want to have to wait for the next one to carb up, so I primed the whole 5.5 gallons, and put 5 gallons in the keg and bottled the rest. Any of those ways would work. Do whatever seems to be the most convenient for you!

Thanks, you guys and gals are awesome! I would have you all over for a homebrew, if you don't mind the drive to middle Tennessee.:mug:

When I keg and there's a little bit left in the fermenter I just put 1 tsp of sugar into a 750mL bottle and then fill it. Doesn't always give the right carbonation for the style but it's easy.

Back