Bottling sugar wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shrimposter

Reaction score
I had a question regarding making sugar wine with alotec 48 hour yeast. To my understanding this yeast eats yeast quickly, would it be any different pasteurizing this brew vs any other yeast? I plan to put some wine in a plastic bottle to test the CO2 I just worry it will ferment faster then usual. Hopefully this makes sense 😂

Any additional sugar will be consumed by the yeast until it's(the yeast) limit is reached.

So to answer your question, yes it could be pasteurized.
yes you could bottle it and it become carbonated, being careful as to how much sugar is used
ferment speed, really isn't a concern as long as the container used is capable of containing the pressure

BTW- how does it taste now?

Any additional sugar will be consumed by the yeast until it's(the yeast) limit is reached.

So to answer your question, yes it could be pasteurized.
yes you could bottle it and it become carbonated, being careful as to how much sugar is used
ferment speed, really isn't a concern as long as the container used is capable of containing the pressure

BTW- how does it taste now?
I have yet to make it, I am just doing my research. I don't want a bottle bomb 💣

Because it's hilarious I want to backsweeten it with fruity Pebble syrup and put a caffeine tablet in each 750ml lol homebrewloko

Natural carbonation and backsweetening aren't easy to pull off together.

I recommend stabilizing with metabisulfite and sorbate after fermentation is finished, then adding the syrup and caffeine, and bottling it still.

Natural carbonation and backsweetening aren't easy to pull off together.

I recommend stabilizing with metabisulfite and sorbate after fermentation is finished, then adding the syrup and caffeine, and bottling it still.
That was my original plan. I'll probably just stabilize it and sweeten

Back