Bottling: stupid error what to do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnderThePorchBrewing

Reaction score
Bottling Red Dog ESB hit my numbers looked great primed and transferred to bottling bucket. then not paying attention knocked the stainless lid from my small pot to boil the priming liquid into the bottling bucket from the table. table was not sanitized and was in the basement. should I bottle it and hope for the best? will 4.7% ABV be high enough to avoid an infection? or dump the batch? :(:(:(:confused:

+1 can't turn back now. Bottle that baby up! Just to be safe, you might not try to long-term cellar any from this one. Once it carbs, if it tastes right then go ahead and drink it.

that's what I thought I would do but nice to hear it from others, Thanks. will bottle it, keep it warm to carb up, then if good will drink it quick
Ben

There won't be anything wrong with it if I were a betting man. It would shock me me if there was. I had my daughter once toss a piece of dog food from the dog's bowl into mine. I went spooning and nothing happend.

I had chilled my wort down just ready to add to fermenter when i knocked not one but two unsanitized hand held strainers and a lid of a pot into my wort.Needless to say i had had way to many homebrew's by then.So i said the hell with it i racked into the fermenter and the beer turned out great.So do not worry about something that has not happened yet!

Bottling Red Dog ESB hit my numbers looked great primed and transferred to bottling bucket. then not paying attention knocked the stainless lid from my small pot to boil the priming liquid into the bottling bucket from the table. table was not sanitized and was in the basement. should I bottle it and hope for the best? will 4.7% ABV be high enough to avoid an infection? or dump the batch? :(:(:(:confused:

It'll be fine. You would have to try really, really hard to infect a fermented beer.

One of these days my dog and I are going to run some tests on bottling day. Yeah. I've have NEVER had an infected bottle, and I've bottled a load of beers.

just an update and to close this tread. there was no infection and the batch turned out very good. Thanks again
Ben

Back