Bottling question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trobocco

Reaction score
I made an all grain batch and was bottling it today. I was a little distracted and in a hurry and added the sugar directly to the beer. Normally I heat some water and dissolve the sugar in the h2o first. Will this create any issues w the carbonation?

As long as the sugar dissolves & is uniformly distributed, then no. I generally bring my sugar water to a boil, turn off heat, add sugar then allow to cool a bit before adding to my beer as a precaution against infection.

I'd bottle-prime were I not going to dissolve the sugar in some water first. Matter of fact, that's how I do it every batch anyway!

:)

It is a possibility that your bottles will not carb evenly. Unfortunately the sugar needs to dissolve and be mixed throughout your beer evenly.

With that being said, do you feel like you stirred it until it was dissolved and mixed evenly?

Did you stir or just dump it in? If you stirred you'll probably be fine. If you dumped it in you might have issues.

Back