bottling question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yellowpinky

Reaction score
Hi I made a st peters golden ale kit and it stopped fermenting after 6 days so I took a reading and bottled two Bottles and added sugar...I then left the fermenter for another 10 days to apparently aid taste and clarity...
I then added sugar to hot water added the wort and bottled the rest..last night was taste night and the 1st bottle from day 6 was tasty and clear the 16 day was cloudy with no head...any ideas as I've know got 40 bottles of cloudy headless beer...

A 5 gal batch depending on the style of beer make take 4oz of corn sugar microwaved to a boil in 16oz of water which usually takes 3 to 4 minutes. Without telling us the final gravity and the amount of priming sugar you used it's hard to tell what happened. I usually wait till the 3rd week after bottling to check one. Also are you keeping the bottles at least in a 70° room?

Table sugar is different so if you used that it may be a little different in time and how much you use.

could you walk us through your steps? Could be a sanitation issue, could be a capping issue. More helpful if you tell us your steps.

Back