Bottling Party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyboy

Reaction score
I've heard from friends that make their own wine that they have a bottling party when it's time to bottle the wine. They serve wine, cheese, bread, etc. I was thinking about doing the same thing when I bottle my beer. But I've never done one before. Any ideas about how to do it? Has anyone else done this? And if so, what did you serve/do? I could server nachos and pizza instead of bread and cheese. :) I'm thinking it'd be a good time to get together with friends, drink beer, and share homebrewing with others. Just looking for some ideas or is this just a plain stupid idea that doesn't belong with beer and brewers.

just do it dude, you're on the right track. Get some pizzas and other snacks, break out some brews, etc. As for the bottling, have a few different stations and rotate folks in and out of them maybe, depending on how many people you have. Have one person line up bottles, one person fill, one person deliver bottles to the capping area, one person cap, one person fill sixers...just break the tasks down by how ever many people you have.

I met SWMBO and had kids = bottle party.

I clean the bottles usually with help, put them on the drying rack also with help, one son brings the bottles to me, I fill, wife caps, other son cleans outside of bottles and puts them into the boxes. Works great we bottle a 5 gallon batch (once bottles are ready) in about 10-15 minutes.

Latest posts

Back