Bottling from SS BrewTech Chronical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbalon

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve managed to find most of my answers just browsing, but this one I’m still stumped on. So for my first post and question... I just purchased an SS BrewTech 7 gallon BME Chronical. I plan to bottle right from the Chronical using a 1.5” TC to 3/8” barb and then the hose and wand. Here’s the golden question though...

How would I go about priming the batch? SS suggested using priming tablets, but that seems like a pain and I’ve seen a lot of complaints on them. Does there happen to be priming tablets or something of that nature that could prime the whole batch while in the Chronical? I’d love to still use priming sugar, but there’s definitely more risk involved because I’d have to stir it in, and stirring gently may not do the trick. Does anyone have any tips?

No good ideas for what you want to do. I would consider racking from the chronical to a bottling bucket and use a priming solution. Are you wanting to bottle directly from your fermenter to reduce oxygen?

No good ideas for what you want to do. I would consider racking from the chronical to a bottling bucket and use a priming solution. Are you wanting to bottle directly from your fermenter to reduce oxygen?

Yes, directly from the fermenter. I guess I wouldn’t be adding much oxygen by gently stirring in a priming sugar.

Back